In this article, we highlight the main points of the ACCC September Quarterly Report:
- Retail prices in the five largest cities decreased:
- While prices maintained a steady low under 145c per litre the attack on oil supplies caused a peak in prices to over 152c
- Movements in average petrol prices in the quarter reflective of international benchmark prices.
- Significant variations in retail prices in 2018:
- An annual analysis showed up to 8 cpl difference from independent to major retailer outlets with the recommendation to consumers to shop around for the cheaper priced stations to save money.
- Diesel and automotive LPG prices decreased.
- Fuel excise increased.
- BP announced arrangements with David Jones and Qantas.
- Caltex announced an arrangement with UberEats.
To read the full release, including additional information such as ACCC Industry activities during the quarter, see the document found here.